Friday, September 24, 2010

Velocipede


The History Channel called today. A woman is
researching for a television show on velocipedes
and she found out through the internet colossus
that I wrote a book called Velocipede.
Unfortunately, I had to let her know it was
a novel. She laughed, we hung up. Almost
my big break. A swimming pool and platinum
Hollywood pearls seep through my hands.
Afterwards, I wished I could have sent her
a copy. Written and self-published in 2002,
Velocipede takes place on the border of Aztlan.
It's a 3 part storyline featuring:
1) A factory worker who makes velocipedes.
2) A wrestler named Clover and his manager.
3) A U.S government agent, who runs out of
gas in the desert, "with his long cape of stars,
red sleeves rolled up to his elbows and blue
legs standing amid the cactus."

No comments:

Post a Comment