Saturday, November 12, 2011

Air Travel: 5


Chapter 30

“You’re a maniac!” the fish screeched.

“I can’t use this!” It paddled the air lamely.

“You broke my fin!”




Chapter 31

The man pictured the ocean listening.

“Just keep it down,” he said. “Don’t yell.”

“Don’t yell!” The fish sat up and gaped.

“You’re trying to kill me!”




Chapter 32

“No,” he said, flustered. “Look…

I’ll put you back.” The man moved

to scoop the sea parrot off the bench.




Chapter 33

“Oh no you don’t! I can’t return

like this! You have to fix my fin!”




Chapter 34

It was true, the man knew it.

A sea parrot could ruin him.

In no time at all, the sea would be

a newspaper. Every shrimp, crab

and whale would know the story.




Chapter 35

If that happened, he would have to

row his boat to a desert somewhere

and make a living sifting sand.





to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. “Don’t yell!” The fish sat up and gaped.

    “You’re trying to kill me!”

    Well said. I know the feeling. Keep this wonderous tale flowing... and thank you.

    ReplyDelete